« Home | On Valentines » | ShiSha » | My man.. The Thinker » | Message to a "stranger" » | How to be the Perfect Lover » | Reality or Fairytale? » | Part III: Encounters of the Street Kind » | Do you?? » | SEX ID » | Golden globes and local drones »

Early Pregnancy


I've noticed a new trend among many of my friends and aquaintences.
Young couples are getting married and they are getting pregnant RIGHT AWAY! Now since this has happened in over 5 cases recently ,I'm guessing it's no coincidence! I'm guessing this was intentional. Ofcourse they are entitled but I'm just trying to know why.
Personally, while in my college years , when the topic would be opened, my friends & I would talk about how we'd like to delay pregnancy for a couple of years after marriage. This is not in any way being ungrateful to a blessing such as children. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Children are such a precious gift that it deserves being prepared for. Be it financially, and/or psychologicaly, these few years are bound to give a young couple a chance to gain experience , responsibility & share time together.
Many of those same friends of mine changed their views & are now pregnant or trying to be..
Makes you wonder..
And also makes you wish them all the luck :)

maybe you're right, but I don't think you should keep waiting and waiting to grow and be prepared. Let the baby grow on you ;)

I think society has a big effect. The minute you got married, everyone starts asking about the baby.

But I really think it is much better to wait.

Pregnancy is probably one of the most unpredictable things a person can go through. When I got married, my hubby and I decided we would wait at least a year to have a child. But things just happened and needless to say I was pretty surprised when I found out I was pregnant 3 months after I got married. But now I have a beautiful baby boy and I couldn't be happier.

Basically, no matter how much u plan for things in life, things just work out the way they're supposed to.

I've been wondering about that myself. 9 months after the wedding and BAM! a new baby arrives. I'm pretty adamant about the whole concept of waiting a couple of yrs before having a baby because like your said, you really need to bond with your significant other before introducing a new (very important) person to both your lives. Like h.o.p.e said, it's difficult to always plan it but these pregnancies happen way too frequently to just be "happy little accidents".

Gardenia I think you have a definite point there..but it's like the pressure society puts on girls to get married.. it's so wrong..
H.O.P.E: glad it worked out great with you, but i bet not everyone is as lucky..
And here's another thought: do u think there's still the concept of getting pregnant quickly to hold on to the husband (especially with the extremely high divorce rate)?????

That's just so stupid.Any couple should wait atleast a couple of years before having children.This would give them time to experience life with each other,enjoy thier time,think about thier finances.We should plan for such things.some women just freak out coz some doc's say that if they took any pills,this would affect thier fertility..i don't know if that's true!

Post a Comment

Magazine Subscriptions
Cell Phones