« Home | Mixed Signal Central » | Marry Yourself » | The Hopeless Romantics » | "Happily Ever After"...a myth?! » | Deepest emotions » | Male Drivers!!! » | AN INVITATION!!! » | Sharing...is Caring! » | Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough- Cont. » | Conversation Skills »

Those Happy Sappy Teenage Years

Remember that time, when you were about oh, 16 or 17? I don't know about you, but I used to have a serious case of the "cheesies." Every crush I had was "true love, 4ever and ever", my desk at school was covered in "fakeeha loves ramzys"* and doodles of hearts and flowers, and I wrote poems! Long, mushy poems about unrequited love and long, tortured, sleepless nights. When I look back on those days I find it hilarious that I was such a drama queen. I actually have a folder of incredibly embarrassing poems I could post for your entertainment; stuff along the lines of:baby i luv u so much
i cant live without ur touch
But I decided to post something a little less lame. This is my only happy teenage poem (I mean, amidst all the "why don't you love mes" and "how could you leave mes". Ah, I miss those days:-) and one which I was encouraged to post by a new friend whom I hope wasn't just being incredibly nice and diplomatic when she told me it didn't completely suck:-)


A Promise

I promiseTo be your companion whenever you are lonely
To always have my arms wide open
Whenever you feel that you need me

I promise
Never to complain when you are in a bad mood
But to give you the time and space you need
And listen to you patiently whenever I could

I vow
To stay by your side even if you are wrong
But to tell you that fact to your face
However hard it stung

I vow
Never to redicule anything you say or do
Or laugh at your silly daydreams
Because, frankly, I’d expect the same from you

I swear
To be there for you no matter what
To help you in any way
Whenever life’s door is shut

I swear
To respect your feelings as if they were my own
To try to understand When you need to be alone
I knowThat one day I may make you angry, sad or hurt
But be sure that I’ll never mean itSo forgive me, no matter what I blurt

I know
That it’s sometimes hard for you to understand me
That it’s frustrating because you don’t yet know
That what I really need is your standing beside me silently

I appreciate
Every honest word you ever told me gently
Regarding something I was doing wrong
Your patience, when I resisted obstinately
I appreciate
Your faithfulness, your sacrifice, your loyalty
The times you were always there
And the wonderful way you let me be

I believe
That one day we may flow apart, you might not even need me
But my memory of you and what we shared
Will live on in my heart, right where it should be
I believe
That then if we close our eyes and think of each other
The smiles on our faces
Will mean that we remember what we had together

I want you to know
Your place in my heart and your value
I wouldn’t be the person I am todayIf it weren’t for you
I want you to know
That I’ll stand beside you through everything
I’ll share your laughter and your tears
And face with you what life may bring

My love
I pray to God everyday
To grant you the happiness you deserve
To guide you every step of the way
I also pray to Him thankfully
For the wonderful gift that is you
And to promise him
To treasure you
To cherish your friendship
Everyday of my life
And as long as I live



* Names have been changed to protect identities:-) (lol)

I do remember those teenage days..
At that time I could get a huge crush if a guy just looked my way twice AND was cute :)
That's all I needed really..
I remember there was a guy who was a friend of a relative, he talked to me a couple of times..& that was it..I had his pic under my pillow for around two years!!!!!!

Wasn't being diplomatic.. I still think its fab. Kinda reminds me of my sappy teenage years, only you are a lot more articulant.

Ah for those days! Before we became embittered and twisted :p

YEAH~YEAH~i wouldnt call it teenage yrs to be honest...coz i was in this phase jsut 2 to 3 yrs ago...am 28..when our souls were still fresh..dreams were sky high...our furute was a fairy tale..and things were always smoothe..cheerful and energetic..WOW! and nothin was twisted and when ur "closest" circle of friends was about 10 pple or so:) when outtings were done normally within the week..when intiatives to try new places or do someting new were in our normal agenda...when excitment was amongst our daily routine...when our emotions were still young and feelings were true ..when we were sweetly naive :) yeah..the good old days!..yalla hamdullah..nothin stays the same :) but shall we have a similar phase where we were that happy?!

sweet sweet days!!! nice poem!! :)

Post a Comment

Magazine Subscriptions
Cell Phones