« Home | Anti-smilers » | A Girl's Best Friends » | Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman's Wrath » | On being a Bitch » | Chocolate » | Teach your Tarzan » | Cairo Cinema Festival » | Dont miss when you pi**! » | Those Happy Sappy Teenage Years » | Mixed Signal Central »

Fashion Tips For Guys: and they really need them:-)

You know how you feel when your guy shows up for your date wearing- for the umpteenth time- that fashion crime he calls a sweater? Well, you're not alone. Most of us would pay a 100000000000000000000 pounds to be able to burn at least one item in our boyfriend's/ fiance's/husband's closet. Anyway, I came across this last week on www.msn.com and I thought it basically summed up what women want their men to wear- and not to wear:-)


What Women Want Their Men to Wear

They like you in sneakers, they hate paisley, and you'd probably get more action if you dressed like a fireman. Here, the women staffers of Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, O, and Harper's Bazaar dole out advice in our exclusive survey.

1. I prefer a man's legs in:
A. Chinos 6.5%
B. Levi's 80.6%
C. Suit pants 9.7%
D. Board shorts 3.2%

2. The most flattering color a man can wear is:
A. Blue 41.9%
B. Green 3.2%
C. Pink 12.9%
D. Whatever matches his eyes 35.5%

3. The sexiest thing a man can wear is:
A. A tuxedo 22.6%
B. Rugged jeans and a plain white T-shirt 67.7%
C. Those Marky Mark boxer-briefs 6.5%
D. A pair of tiny Italian swim trunks 3.2%

4. I like it when he smells like:
A. Nothing 58.1%
B. A sweaty fireman 6.5%
C. Citrusy cologne 16%
D. Scotch 19.4%

5. If I could change one thing about my man's style, it would be:
A. I'd make him spend more than fifteen bucks on a haircut 25.8%
B. I'd teach him the subtleties of wearing or not wearing cologne 3.2%
C. I'd give away his double-pleated pants and buy him flat fronts 35.5%
D. His shoes. Oh, my God, his shoes. 25.8%

6. When I see a guy in sandals, I think:
A. A simple flip-flop will do 61.3%
B. He's coming nowhere near my uterus 6.5%
C. He has sexy toes. I want to see 'em. 6.5%
D. Sandals haven't looked sexy on a man since they were worn by the Son of God 25.7%

7. My favorite thing to borrow from my man is:
A. His worn-out button-down shirt 45.2%
B. His underwear 6.5%
C. His robe 12.9%
D. His State U. sweatshirt 32.3%

8. The most common male fashion crime I witness on a regular basis is:
A. Athletic socks worn with dress shoes 25.8%
B. Pants that are too short 32.3%
C. Grossly miscalculated uses of pattern 12.9%
D. A suit that's way too big 25.8%

9. A man who dresses better than me:
A. Would probably use all my expensive hair products 12.9%
B. Is my hero 16.1%
C. Yeah, right. Do you know who you're talking to? 19.4%
D. Is generally not interested in dating my gender 51.6%

10. My man looks best in:
A. Sneakers 35.5%
B. Boots 32.3%
C. Suede bucks 6.5%
D. A shiny pair of dress shoes 19.4%

11. I like it best when he comes to bed wearing:

A. Those flannel pajamas with the big buttons 3.2%
B. Just boxers 67.7%
C. Just socks 0%
D. Nothing at all 29%

12. I like his jeans to fit:
A. Like John Travolta's in Urban Cowboy 3.2%
B. Like Brad Pitt's in Thelma and Louise 83.9%
C. Like Jay-Z's onstage 3.2%
D. Like Huck Finn's in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 3.2%

13. The acceptable dollar amount for a man to spend on a haircut is:
A. $15 29%
B. $50 41.9%
C. $100 22.6%
D. $0; I'm good with a pair of shears 6.5%

14. My favorite kind of suit on a man is a:
A. Two-button 32.3%
B. Three-button 51.6%
C. Double-breasted 9.7%
D. Sailor's suit 3.2%

15. My favorite type of men's shirt is:
A. A dress shirt with French cuffs 41.9%
B. A knit, short-sleeved polo shirt 12.9%
C. A plain white tee 42%
D. A taut, ribbed tank top that shows off his guns 3.2%

16. My favorite pattern for a man's tie is:
A. Paisley 6.5%
B. Collegiate stripe 16.1%
C. Plain, with texture 71%
D. The ones with all those cute little sailboats on 'em 3.2%

17. My favorite man in uniform is:
A. Naval officer 35.5%
B. Policeman 9.7%
C. Fireman 51.6%
D. My UPS guy 3.2%

18. If my man asked me to pick one style icon for him to emulate, I would pick:
A. Johnny Depp 25.8%
B. George Clooney 61.3%
C. Tom Wolfe 0%
D. Kanye West 9.7%

19. An average man becomes instantly bed-worthy when:
A. He displays finely manicured hands 6.5%
B. He wears an impeccably detailed dress shirt 22.6%
C. He dons a tuxedo 29%
D. He just doesn't give a damn 32.3%

20. A man should dress for:
A. His mom 0%
B. His boss 3.2%
C. Me 35.5%
D. Himself 61.3%

Most Disturbing Advice on Jeans:
"Above all, you've got to buy your jeans tight, guys, knowing they'll stretch. Jeans that are too big are, in my opinion, men's number-one fashion mistake." -Lauren Gard, Marie Claire

Most Welcome Advice on Scent:
"All men have their own scent-whether it be cigarettes and river water or the Old Spice aftershave that his mom buys him-and if they're sexy, then their smell is sexy." -Polly Brewster, O

oh the last piece of advice is very true... good one... but i hate tight jeans, and i also hate really baggy jeans... interesting post!

I didn't mean to imply that guys should wear tight jeans, rather they should wear jeans that actually fit (and show off their cute bums, if applicable), thus they have to buy them a bit snug. Your typical guy buys his jeans loose, and they only get more so, and soon there's no way they can even begin to stay up without a belt. Simply sad!
--L. Gard

I totally agree with you. Us (smart) women simply know that jeans stretch with time, which is why we always buy them a little snug.
After years and years of wearing them, haven't guys noticed that same fact yet?:-)

Stretch jeans is topping my list!

mesh 3ayzeen talzee2 law sama7t!

bass begad the comments kaman are ..ehehehe!

Sweaters, short pants are a fashion crime... that I dun forget easily
sneakers on the first date.. big NO
tight jeans.. are okay
goin to bed with .. Boxers on .. cool

I love the post.. Yes
I will come back .. sure
Keep it up .. asrarelbanat

Post a Comment

Magazine Subscriptions
Cell Phones