« Home | Weirdo Del Manno and The Womanno Frustratido » | Handle With Care » | Love Triangle » | Tears » | Please:When Harassing, don't Discriminate! » | Multi-Function Nail? » | Going Downtown » | Scratch-No-More » | Who? Why? What? »

The root of all evil

I may be walking on dreaded waters here..but I believe in honesty..& I believe in conversation. Meaning that in a civilized way, I will explain what's causing me dismay. And in the same way, I ask you to tell me your point of the story. This is the only way common ground can be reached. Deal?
Ok.
Now everyone is talking about the recent Mass Sexual Harassment incident that occured in downtown cairo during Eid. It is a shocking and horrific incident to ANY woman & also to men. It means that we're turning into a total anarchy. These revolting actions were targeted towards ALL women..even those accomapnied by men.
On my way to work today I heard on the radio (Negoom FM) some people commenting on this incident & on the topic of sexual harassment in the streets of cairo in general. A couple of girls sent in saying that the blame is not totally on the men, actually it is "usually" the woman's fault. OH GOOD GOD!
Now from previous experience, which I will tell you about, I'm 90% positive such comments were by veiled girls (but not ALL veiled girls think this way). Now these girls are to be pittied, NOT cause they are veiled but cause they have fallen prey to a huge plan.
Covering up is a "personal" decision. It is up to a girl to decide how she would like to appear infront of the society that she belongs to. But that gives that girl ZERO right to mendle with other people's rights. And if she does, then she deserves any trouble she recieves from others. Fair enough?
Now the master plan that some girls have been tricked into is also a MAN-Made one. It is to spread through woman the idea of "You are to blame". That women are destined to have what poor men CANNOT resist. Men, bless their weak souls, have ZERO control on their sexual desires. They remain apes & women are REQUIRED to hide themselves in order to avoid their hungry stares/hands...etc. What a huge pile of smelly SH**!
It is also a generalization that is not fair to alot of men, to be fair.
Now if a women decides to fall for this plan..up to her. But if she decides to spread it...BIG MISTAKE! Cause other women, will not..shall not allow this. For me to be told that I'm the root to all eveil is like saying that food makes you thin! Women are HALF the society. They are an active part of building and managing the life we live.
Now back to my personal experiences in the matter. During my college years more & more girls got veiled. Most of them went from an extreme to another. From wearing tight, revealing clothes to wearing a 3abaya... Now this says something about the personality at hand. No moderation & abrupt change.. hummm.
Anyway, homma horreeeeeen. But the funny part is yet to come. I was faced ,either directly or indirectly,with HARASSMENT from several veiled GIRLS!!!!!!
Indirectly they would stick all those arabic banners in the lecture rooms or ladies rooms saying things like "El hijab abl el Hisaab"...& stuff like you're not really a muslim unless you're covered...humm... Now my question here, did I ask for their advise? did someone give them the authority to give me advise? do they think covering up makes them a better muslim?
Now as for direct actions, lets not talk about the stares they'd give (knowing that I'm a very conservative dresser) but lets talk about actual incidents. The most importent occured when some veiled & 3abayad girls were collecting money for good causes. They were giving bruchures to girls around them & I was standing with one of my very close friends (who is velied), they approuched, gave her a bruchure & ignored me totally. TOTALLY! I watched them & noticed that they only gave to covered girls!!!!!!!!
Great, if that's not discrimination then I don't know what it is.
Ofcourse there were the incidents that I witnessed like when a friend of mine was going for 3omra, another veiled friend of others told her "Alf mabrook, w Insha2Allah keda terga3elna b lebas el mar2a el moslema, wala eih ?" & she patted her on the shoulder! Lebas EIH???
Lebas????
This is hilarious.
If only people could mind their own business & know that not all they do should be done by everyone else, maybe we'd make life alot easier.

Magazine Subscriptions
Cell Phones